Sponsorship and credits
Many thanks to all our sponsors in 2017!
Our sponsors this year were:
The Dashwood Hotel
Kirtlington Post Office and Stores
Mike Collins - Window Cleaner
To the many other people and organisations that help make the fete such an enjoyable day for all - thank you.
Recipients of funding from last year's fete (2016)
Last year a total of £6000 was distributed to local good causes, as follows:
- £900 Village Defibrillator Committee
- £200 Thinking of Oscar, a local charity set up in order to improve the experiences of young children and their families whilst in hospital care.
- £2500 Kirtlington Village Hall as a contribution towards their new water system. Most villagers use the Village Hall in one capacity or another.
- £250 Kirtlington Parish Church Roof Fund.
- £400 Kirtlington Stars Under 9’s Football Club to cover the costs of new goals.
- £750 Kirtlington Youth Club requested funds to help towards ongoing running costs when returning youth club leader David Rudge started again in AUtumn 2016.
- £1,000 Kirtlington Village School have had their very popular fort condemned as unsafe and it will be taken down this Autumn. They will need £20,000 to replace it, and are starting to fundraise; This will be a good start for them.
Recipients of funding from this year's fete
The following grants were made:
- Welcome club - £450
- Sports field cylinder mower - £250
- Kirtlington Village Hall - £500
- Parish Church - £250
- New stone wall on the sports field - £500
- Kirtlington Youth Club - £500
- Kirtlington Village School - £450
- Kirtlington Stars Under Nine FC - £350
Some funds were retained in order to purchase new marquees etc. for next year's fete.